Best Essential oils for Hangover Recovery I DIY Recipes to cure Hangover
Overindulging in alcohol at a rare moment of happiness will certainly catch up with one the following day, making it impossible to start our day outright. You'll immediately recognise that you have a hangover and may experience symptoms such as exhaustion, dizziness, soreness in specific places of the body, or general discomfort. A hangover can sometimes be caused by dehydration, so we choose to drink coffee or lemonade to feel better. However, there are other natural ways to relieve hangovers. Using the, best essential oils for hangovers is one of the natural methods that we've discovered to help ease a pounding headache and soothe an irritated stomach. These essential oils have powerful medicinal properties which not only clear your head but also make you feel better throughout the day.
In this article, we have compiled some of the top essential oils for hangover headaches, which are proven solutions to ease headache pain and dizziness symptoms, along with easy DIY recipes on how to use essential oils for Hangover recovery.
Can essential oils help with hangover recovery?
A concentrated hydrophilic liquid containing aromatic active ingredients from plants is known as an essential oil. Essential oil is vital in the sense that it retains the core of the plant's fragrance, the distinctive scent of the plant from which it is collected, which is usually extracted by distillation, frequently using steam. They offer several health and wellness benefits that may also serve as a hangover treatment. Some essential oils are thought to be a natural way to fight hangovers.
Although there is not much research or scientific evidence on the effectiveness of using pure essential oils, some people claim that they get relief from their hangover symptoms making them energetic and fresh. It could be for the best reason because essential oils can make you feel less sluggish and less tired, as well as reduce anxiety. In addition to that, most have anti-inflammatory properties which means that they help ease the pain of headaches. For instance, lavender essential oil is one of the best essential oils for hangovers, as one study shows that inhalation reduces alcohol-related impairment by relaxing the central nervous system and relieving anxiety and sleep disorders.
Top Essential Oils for Hangover Headache
Eliminating the inevitable hangover the night before can be done naturally by using pure essential oils. We want to give you a list of the best essential oils for hangovers that just might help alleviate your symptoms and ultimately lessen your flushing, inflammation, fatigue, and nausea. You can use these oils with rehydration for overall wellness and resort to medication in times of dire need only.
- Ginger Essential Oil: Ginger oil is a warm, pungent and stimulating oil that works to ground the mind while invigorating and refreshing the senses. It can be used as an effective aromatherapy agent to help you get through a hangover. Inhale ginger essential oil if you are feeling tired or out of sorts due in part to overindulging the night before. Ginger is also known to be excellent at relieving stomach discomfort, so inhale this product to ease nausea and upset stomachs too. Not only does this make an excellent natural remedy for hangovers but also relief from nausea without any adverse side effects.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint is a hybrid of water mint and spearmint plants. It is considered one of the top essential oils for hangover headaches and other types of aches and pains, as well as being helpful with overcoming tiredness or drowsiness. This fresh and minty essential oil may be massaged into the temples to relieve headaches, but should always be diluted in a carrier oil as it can induce some burning sensations if applied directly. Peppermint with its richness in menthol and cooling properties is best to treat overindulgence by enhancing mental alertness and reducing feelings of drowsiness.
- Grapefruit Essential Oil: Grapefruit essential oil is steam distilled from the peel. It primarily serves as an antibacterial, antispasmodic, and digestive aid. Its perfume is calming and uplifting, and it may be used in a bath or diffuser to ease nausea and dizziness. Its energising citrus scent will help you feel more alert in the morning after a night out, combating hangover grogginess. Making it one of the best essential oils for hangover recovery and mood enhancers.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender oil is a sweet-smelling, popular alternative to curing headaches. The properties of this oil work to alleviate the effects of alcohol consumption and can be applied in several ways. Lavender oil and its flowers are used in aromatherapy for hangover cures, to calm stress, and anxiety as well as insomnia. It is also used in massage therapy for muscle spasms and pains due to tension or inflammation. So, get a night of good sleep by diffusing it in your room without worrying about the hangover's effect on the next day.
- Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon oil, or Citrus limon, is extracted from the zest or rind of the lemon through the method of cold pressing. Distilled in a solvent, the oil has a very sweet, fruity and alluring scent that is refreshing to mind, body and soul and creates a relaxing environment. It is popular in aromatherapy for hangover cures, anxiety and depression as it refreshes both the mind and senses which can get dulled by everyday stressors. It also has the most powerful antimicrobial activity of all the essential oils, making it one of the best essential oils for hangovers, morning sickness and Nausea.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary Oil is extracted from the leaves and twigs of Rosmarinus Officinalis L., through the steam distillation method. With a very minty, herbal scent, it is used in Aromatherapy to treat hangover symptoms like Fatigue, Anxiety and Stress. If you feel drowsy due to a nasty hangover, try this excellent natural remedy for hangovers for mental alertness and energy.
There are also several top essential oils for hangover headaches, nausea, poor sleep, and dizziness, such as Eucalyptus essential oil, which can help with congestion, sinus pressure, and pain relief. Chamomile essential oil is used to relax brain cells and Cardamom essential oil is used to relieve stomach discomfort and bloating. So, depending on your choice and desire, you may select the best essential oils for hangover recovery and mood enhancement.
Essential oil Diffuser recipe for hangover - DIY recipes
Try these DIY recipes as a natural remedy for hangovers at home now, as you know the essential oils that assist create a pleasant, calming atmosphere and deliver natural relief. You may boost the relaxing impact of two or more essential oils in your diffuser and get faster relief from symptoms. For example, combining lavender and peppermint can make a cure that will open up your sinuses while also cleaning out all of the toxins that have accumulated in your body.
Recipe 1: Cardamom, Ginger and Peppermint oil for Nausea
The oil of cardamom, with its sweet spiciness, is used to soothe indigestion and other stomach pains. It's also able to relieve a bloated stomach or an upset stomach and treat infections as well. While that cleverly crafted aroma of balsam pearls will take care of any heavy or stressful thoughts you have will make everything surrounding you seem lighter, as it takes over your mind for the day. So, use this aromatherapy blend for treating nausea, and stomach pain and this is one of the best DIY recipes to aid digestion issues.
- 7 drops of Cardamom essential oil
- 5 drops of Ginger essential oil
- 3 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- The scent can be dispersed after blending the essential oils with some water and distributing them over the room with an aromatherapy diffuser.
- Place a few drops of the mixture on a handkerchief or cotton ball and inhale deeply to relieve hangover symptoms that don't last till the morning.
Recipe 2: Lavender, Grapefruit, Lemon and Sandalwood oil for hangover headache and dizziness
Sandalwood oil is one of the quintessentially Indian scents. As such, it is well known for its ability to uplift and energize people around the world. It has a calming effect on individuals who may be feeling lethargic or simply “off” due to any number of reasons, including fatigue. Do you feel lethargic, dreary, or a bit worn out? This wholesome natural remedy for hangovers, nausea, stomach pain, vomiting, shakiness, dizziness, irritability, anxiety, and other hangover symptoms - all in one bottle - will refresh, revitalise, and brighten up your day.
- 1 Drop of Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 Drops of Grapefruit Essential Oil
- 3 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 Drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil
- In a glass bowl, combine all of the essential oils and pour them into a diffuser.
- Now, fill the diffuser halfway with water, turn it on and enjoy the aromatherapy for hangover cures.
Recipe 3: Lavender and Peppermint oil for relaxation
With the relaxing properties of lavender and the menthol richness of peppermint oil. This is one of the greatest home remedies for the shakiness, muscular tightness, and bloated, cramped, and gassy sensations. When breathed, it can also lessen the symptoms, duration, and intensity of headaches.
- 4 drops of Lavender oil
- 4 drops of Peppermint oil
- Fill your diffuser half way with water and add all of the aromatherapy oils. Turn it on and enjoy these energising and refreshing recipes for calmness and relaxation of your nerve cells.
- Relax, sleep, and wake up feeling revitalised. Sleeping near these oils will help you recover faster from a hangover!
Things to keep in mind before using Essential oils for Hangover headaches and other symptoms
- The distillation or cold-pressing procedure used to obtain 100% pure essential oil is always validated, as are certifications such as USDA organic. Before you buy or choose a product that includes it, verify the certificate to ensure that the oil is pure and certified.
- Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, Argan oil, or other things such as Aloe vera gel, or other similar compounds. They should never be appliedd directly because they are very concentrated natural extracts.
- Essential Oils should never be ingested, therefore protect from the reach of children and pets as they are at higher risk of toxicity.
- The pregnant or feeding mothers, should avoid using essential oils because there is no such evidence of their effectiveness and reaction. Thus, they can lead to allergies.
When you consume too much alcohol or are dehydrated, you may have a hangover. Fatigue, nausea, and headache are some of the most prevalent symptoms. However, there is a minimal study on these essential oils for treating a hangover, but the greatest thing is that they are naturally extracted and have no side effects or harmful interactions with any other prescriptions the individual is taking. So, we recommend trying these best essential oils for hangover recovery and avail of their amazing benefits. Remember to dilute with other carrier oils like almond or jojoba, if you are massaging them for getting instant relief from hangover symptoms like headache and nausea. Every person's needs and choices are different and essential oils come with a variety of choices, so select the top essential oils for hangover headaches as per how your body demands.
Will essential oils help me cure my nausea?
Yes, essential oils can be used to help with nausea. For nausea we suggest you try Ginger oil. You can put 4/5 drops of ginger into your diffuser for some sweet (and spicy) relief. This will help in supporting a healthy digestive system and settling your stomach pain.
What should you think is the best place to buy top essential oils for hangover headaches?It is important to know how the type of oil you are using is extracted. The oils should be extracted via cold-pressing and steam distillation which are considered two of the most organic methods because they tend not to do any damage to the natural properties of the oil. As a result, I recommend looking at products from companies like the Moksha lifestyle. They are well-known for manufacturing organic essential oils at affordable costs that are just unbeatable in terms of quality