Orange Lip Balm Recipe I DIY Lip Balm
Orange Lip Balm recipe I DIY Lip Balm
If you thought its only winters that are harsh on your lips, think again! Summer comes with its own set of challenges like damage caused by sun, harsh environment etc. The effect of these environmental factors is most visible on lips and can lead to dry, brittle lips.
With a wide range of products available in the market, it can sometimes get confusing which are natural or synthetic. Synthetic lip balms cause more harm than benefit and thus we have come up with a very simple DIY recipe with all natural ingredients and step by step guide to help you create juicy, citrusy lip balm at home.
This recipe of homemade Orange Lip Balm comprises oodles of skin loving ingredients which are good for your skin and does not possess any potential harmful chemicals. In this simple DIY recipe, we have used Sweet Orange essential oil, Organic Coconut oil, Shea Butter and Beeswax.
What is Lip Balm?
Benefits of using Lip Balm?
Why you will love making this Lip balm:
Simple and easy to make
- All natural without any worrisome chemicals
- Moisturizing and soothing for dry, chapped lips
- These lip balms make for great party favors or additions to gift baskets
- Smells delicious and loaded with beneficial ingredients
How to make Orange Lip Balm at Home?
What you need to make Homemade Orange Lip Balm
Virgin Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a miraculous oil which is known for its moisturizing and healing properties. Presence of nourishing fatty acid content, vitamins, and minerals makes it a prime ingredient to soothe and soften skin, making it a perfect natural remedy for chapped lips.
Shea Butter: Shea Butter is loaded with fatty acids, vitamins and other beneficial components which are great for skin. It helps soften lips and provide anti-aging benefits like reducing lip lines and pigmentation. It is also known to prevent lips from environmental damage. It is known for anti-inflammatory properties which help relieve irritated dry, chapped lips and help heal them faster.
Beeswax: Beeswax not only acts a binder but also have umpteen benefits for lips. It contains natural emulsifiers which help retain moisture, making it a great ingredient for lip balms. It also helps protect lips from harmful UV rays. It is a natural ingredient which is free from parabens, synthetic chemicals or alcohol which can be irritating to skin
Sweet Orange Essential oil: Orange Essential oil is an excellent addition to this homemade lip balm for various reasons. It smells great which may even help boost your mood. It also helps heal skin because of presence of Vitamin C and fight signs of aging like dark spots. The antioxidant properties in this oil help protect against sun damage caused by UV rays and pollution.
DIY Orange Lip Balm
- 2 tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 1 tbsp Beeswax
- 3-5 drops Sweet Orange Essential oil
- 1-2 drops Natural colorant (optional)
- Measure beeswax, Sheabutter and Coconut oil in a beaker
- Make double boiler by filling a large saucepan with about 1-2 inches of water and bring water to boil
- Once water is boiling, place the glass measuring cup with the ingredients in middle of the saucepan
- Stir occasionally until everything is melted
- Once all the ingredients are melted, remove from heat and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add Sweet Orange Essential oil and stir
- Pour the mixture into containers. Be careful not to overfill
- Allow Lip balm to cool for 18-20 hours before capping them.
For best results, apply twice daily.
Tips & Tricks:
Keep this lipbalm away from direct sunlight and heat to keep it firm. You can use this lip balm within 6 months.
This homemade orange lip balm is a perfect solution for all your problems relating to dry and chapped lips. It is simple to make and requires only a few natural ingredients. This DIY Orange lip balm will not only help keep your lips moisturized and supple but also prevent from the damage caused by external factors like harmful UV rays, dry air etc. It is a fun project to do with your kids and these sweet little lip balms make great additions to gift baskets as well.
You may also like:
- Castor Oil for Eyelash Growth
- How to use Essential Oils Reed Diffuser
- How to make Massage Oil at Home
- Mango butter for Skincare
- How to get rid of Split Ends