Garlic Oil for Hair Growth I DIY Recipes
Garlic Oil for Hair Growth
Garlic has been traditionally used in our kitchen to add distinctly strong flavour to food. Not only this, it is also revered for its medicinal properties especially aiding the health of the heart. This miracle ingredient is much more than a flavouring agent, it is also known as an excellent hair care ingredient.
Garlic Oil is a strong and aromatic essential oil, obtained from the roots or vegetable of Allium Sativum or Garlic. It has many benefits like treating cold and flu, improve breathing, mental clarity, energizing and reducing lethargy. Garlic possesses Vitamin C, Selenium, Copper and Manganese in very high quantities, which makes it beneficial for skin and scalp. Its main characteristic of pungency comes from a smelly sulphur compound which is also essential in giving garlic its potent healing benefits.
Why Garlic Oil is Good for Hair?
Garlic Oil is rich in vitamins and minerals and many other compounds that are considered as an excellent for hair growth and treating hair problems. It has a special compound called sulphur, which is basically the foundation of hair protein; Keratin which is an essential requirement for hair growth, soft hair, natural hair colour and preventing split ends. Sulphur provides the hair with strength and elasticity and thus aids the hair to grow and prevent hair fall.
Garlic oil is also rich in Vitamin C, which is known to boost and maintain collagen production. Collagen is a skin protein required for keeping your hair tight from the roots, natural colour, soft and shiny hair, and much more. And there is another magical compound called selenium, present in Garlic oil. It promotes and increases blood circulation in the scalp that serves to make the hair follicles strong. Additionally, the calcium present in the oil helps to improve the texture and quality of hair by enhancing, the rebuilding of the structural component of hair.
How does Garlic Oil Benefit the Hair?
Now that you know, all the compounds present in garlic oil, and how they can benefit hair growth and scalp health, let’s discuss how Garlic Oil benefits our hair in a direct way. This will help you discover how using this oil can solve multiple hair problems. Whether you’re suffering from low hair density, split ends, hair fall, receding hair line or anything else, Garlic oil has something for all the hair needs.
- Purifies scalp: The first and foremost benefit of Garlic oil is that its disinfecting in nature. It can reach deep into the scalp and eliminate all the impurities, dirt, pollution, etc. It can also fight and combat with bacteria and microorganism, that cause scalp damage and make it dirty. It will prevent scalp from bacterial attacks and make it healthier, cleaner and fresh
- Boost Hair Health: Garlic oil is a circulatory oil, which means it can promote blood circulation in the scalp. This helps scalp to get all the nutrients and vitamins, that leads to hair growth and strength. Being a primary source of selenium, manganese vitamin B6 and C, it facilitates in strengthening the roots of the hair. Offering a plethora of anti-oxidants, it also removes bacteria and impurities while promoting hair growth. It improves the health of the hair follicles and acts as a prime promoter in the production of collagen.
- Reduces Hair fall: Hair fall can be because of many reasons like, stress, dandruff, diseases, etc. But the primary cause of weakness in most people is weak roots. As mentioned, Garlic oil, is rich in Collagen, which helps in tightening hair from the roots. It makes hair follicles strong and prevent hair fall. Along with this, it can clean scalp, eliminate bacterial invasions, keep scalp healthy, all of which contributes to reduces hair fall. The high concentration of Vitamin C present in Garlic oil, reduces oxidative stress which further facilitates in preventing hair thinning. It restricts free radical activity and reduce their damage to the least.
- Treats dandruff: Dandruff is a direct result of itchy and flaky scalp, which causes scalp damage. It also occurs when there’s bacterial attacks or fungal allergies on scalp. Good for everyone, Garlic oil can help us treat all the causes of dandruff. It is antibacterial anti-fungal in nature, that means it can purify scalp and prevent it from microbial attacks as well. It keeps scalp hydrated and fresh, and reduces itching. It keeps scalp healthy and forms a protective layer to inhibit scalp allergies. Its antifungal properties combined with antimicrobial properties aid in regulating scalp infections due to any unwanted germs and bacteria.
- Moisturises dry scalp: Garlic oil can be called a natural conditioner, and used for treating dry and brittle hair. It is rich in natural oils that nourish the scalp. It can reach deep into scalp pores, and hydrate thin layers. It locks moisture inside and minimize scalp pores as well. This prevents flakiness, itching, dryness and roughness of scalp. Garlic oil promotes improved blood circulation to the scalp and keep it from getting dry completely. It revives and rejuvenates hair follicles and also acts as a protective shield by locking the moisture and preventing dryness
- Prevents Sun damage: As told, Garlic oil is filled with Vitamins and Minerals like Vitamin C and Magnesium. It is also rich in anti-oxidants, which are protective agents that prevent body against free radical damage. UV rays and exposure to Sun can increase free radical growth and their malicious activities like loss of colour, dry hair, dullness, etc. Anti-oxidants of Garlic oil bind with free radicals and restrict their movements completely. So, this oil can literally prevent your hair from Sun damage and help keep that shine and colour intact.
- Controls grey hair: Garlic oil can prevent hair’s natural colour by retaining; Melanin. It is a compound responsible for hair colour and shine, and preventing hair from going grey. It prevents free radical activity, that reduces collagen and melanin damage. It can also slow down the onset of ageing on hair and prevent premature ageing as well. Using Garlic oil before stepping out in the Sun, it will form protective layers on scalp and hair and prevent UV damage. It will add a subtle shine and natural colour to your hair.
How to use Garlic Oil for Hair Growth?
Why not use this incredible ingredient and try some DIY recipes which are not only natural but will do wonders to your hair. These recipes will not only help hair growth but will also make them stronger and thicker. Garlic oil when combined with other oils makes for an excellent hair care regime.
- Recipe 1: Garlic Oil & Rosemary Oil for healthy hair
Garlic oil promotes hair growth and boosts collagen production which stimulate hair growth. Rosemary Essential oil is an excellent natural conditioner which penetrates deep in scalp and nourishes. Sweet Almond oil is used as a base oil which is highly nourishing and hydrating in nature. It not only provides moisture to hair but also to scalp.
- Take 5 drops of Garlic Oil and 5 drops of Rosemary Oil.
- Mix them with a carrier oil, like Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, etc.
- Stir this mix well, and massage it on your scalp with fingers.
- Massage scalp with finger tips, and keep it overnight.
- Wash it next morning, and enjoy shiny hair.
- Recipe 2: Garlic Oil and Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
Coconut oil is a stable oil which is highly nourishing to scalp. Garlic and coconut oil help in hair growth while rosemary oil is known to add conditioning properties to this hair mask. Castor oil add shine and luster while preventing hair breakage.
- 5 drops of Garlic Essential oil
- 5 drops Rosemary Essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Castor oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- In a clean glass bowl combine all the oils and give it a good mix.
- Massage your scalp with about two teaspoons of the oil blend.
- Massage for about 10-15 minutes using your fingertips covering the entire length of your hair.
- Leave the oil blend on your scalp for about 30 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild cleanser and allow your hair to dry naturally.
- Recipe 3: Garlic Oil and Tea tree Oil for Dandruff treatment
Both Garlic and Tea Tree Essential oil contain anti fungal properties which helps cure dandruff from scalp without causing dryness. They can also help get rid of itchy and dry scalp and provide natural conditioning. Neem oil contains an active ingredient nimbidin which is useful in treating irritation. Sweet almond oil provides for a perfect base which is hydrating and moisturising for both hair and scalp.
- 5 drops of Garlic Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp Neem Oil
- 1 tbsp Sweet Almond Oil
- Mix 5 drops of Garlic Oil with 5 drops of Tea Tree Oil.
- Add it to Neem oil and Sweet Almond oil, which will act as a carrier oil.
- Use finger to apply this oil mix to your scalp, and massage deeply.
- Keep it for at least 2 to 4 hours to maximize results.
- Wash it with lukewarm water and see the results yourself.
Tip: You can add garlic oil to your regular shampoo to enjoy all the benefits in each and every wash. Also use a warm towel on head after oiling your scalp. This will help your scalp get all the nutrients to the most.
Things to keep in mind while using Garlic oil
- Always do a patch test before using essential oil, use it on the back of your hand or elbow and wait for 24 hours. If there’s no reaction, you’re good to go.
- Garlic Oil has a very strong smell which can cause nausea or headaches so it always must be used in moderate quantities.
- People with Garlic Allergies, should consult their doctors before using.
- If garlic oil goes in your eyes while applying, wash with cold water immediately, and visit your nearest doctor.
Garlic has been used for hair and skin benefits since a long time, it is at the core of all hair loss treatments. It offers a variety of benefits to hair and make them healthy. Garlic oil will keep your hair strong and prevent hair fall as well. It is suited to treat dandruff, preventing hair colour and to nourish hair. It is safe to say that Garlic oil will be the next big thing in hair care game. It should be an essential and permanent ingredient in your hair care routine. It is rich in antioxidants, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory qualities, which caters to all your hair care needs.
You may also like:
- Castor Oil for Beard Growth
- DIY Homemade orange Lip balm
- How to use Essential oils in Reed Diffuser
- How to make massage oil at home
- Mango Butter for Skincare