Gear up for the preps to treat your oily skin the right way this summer. What's better than tackling acne-prone, sensitive skin in the scorching heat of summers with an all natural, organic ingredient! Acne-prone skin suffers a lot during summers. Not only this skin type faces heat and sweat but also suffers from breakouts, acne and redness very often.
Organic neem oil is a saviour when acne tries to attack skin. It is extracted by cold-pressing kernels of the neem tree. The oil has a great history as it is used to treat many skin and health conditions. Even though the odour is something that will not fancy you, the benefits of this oil will definitely amaze you.
Neem oil for Skin
Neem oil is a rich source of fatty acids and several other nutrients. Therefore, it is widely used in well-known beauty products such as body lotions, skincare creams, hair care products and more.
Neem oil is a potent oil and is packed with some fruitful ingredients. Some of them are vitamin E, triglycerides, antioxidants, calcium and fatty acids. These ingredients are beneficial for skincare, haircare and health in general. Neem oil seems to be an all-rounder for all your concerns. Studies have revealed that neem oil is an essential ingredient as it fights signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. Researchers have also confirmed that neem oil is one of the best natural treatments for acne.
Enough of blabbering about the mind-fascinating properties of neem oil, now let's see how it benefits your skin. The oil that everyone is literally going gaga over must be presented in your skincare routine. Here's how it benefits oily, acne-prone skin types.
Benefits of Neem oil for Skin
Do you guys understand why organic neem oil is gaining so much popularity these days? It is all because of its potency and greenness. Natural ingredients extracted from mother nature are always the apple of an eye rather than synthetic products that claim one-day results. With nature-based oils and essential oils, it takes some time to show results but the climax is worth waiting for.
- Eases inflamed and prickly skin: Neem oil soothes itchy, inflamed and sensitive skin which is often related to conditions like burns, acne, eczema, psoriasis and pimples. It is loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients like Nimbidin which helps in treating Dermatitis and eczema to a great extent. The powerful properties of neem oil help in fighting bacterial infections on the skin that leads to acne and breakouts. It soothes inflammation and reduces the discomfort caused by acne and breakouts.
- Averts aging process: Do you know that organic neem oil is a natural alternative to anti-aging products? It supports collagen production in the skin which helps in reducing fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots on the face. Neem oil is packed with carotenoids that are efficacious in stopping the free radicals that cause damage to the skin. This damage can be highly infections and may lead to permanent fine lines, spots and wrinkles. With 100% pure neem oil you can be relaxed for the rest of your routine.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation: Melanin is a substance that when produced in high quantity leads to hyperpigmentation, dullness and dark spots. Neem oil reduces the melanin production on the face which results in glowing skin and reduces dark spots. Say hello to softer skin with a mind-blowing complexion and even tone around your face.
- Tackles pimples and acne: From powerful antibacterial properties to keep disgusting acne-causing bacteria at bay to natural anti-inflammatory properties to tackle inflammation caused by pimples and acne, Neem oil does it all. These mind-boggling properties of neem oil are very beneficial for breakouts and acne. It also restricts future acne by killing the acne-causing bacteria and tightens open pores, evens out the skin tone while preventing pustules.
How Pure Neem oil works for Oily, Acne-prone skin?
Now that you know the amazing benefits of neem oil, it's time to understand how it works for your skin. Neem is packed with some amazing properties that help to treat acne, breakouts and other skin conditions. So, without any further ado let's have a look at how neem oil works for oily/acne-prone skin.
- Enhances Elastic and Collagen production: Neem oil is packed with high content of antioxidants which helps to boost collagen production in the skin. Not only this, the high content of Vitamin C in organic neem oil enhances elastic production which makes the skin even tone and bright. The antioxidants properties of miraculous neem oil also support anti-aging effects and help in skin tightening and lightening.
- Maintains skin moisture level : Did you know 100% pure neem oil contains a high level of Vitamin E! This helps deeply nourish your skin and has the ability to moisturize even the driest skin types. Neem oil tightens skin and improves texture by killing the bacteria and infections on skin. It also locks moisture in your skin so that your skin is hydrated throughout the day.
- Balances Oil Production: Neem oil is a rich source of effective fatty acids, it helps with various skin conditions. Neem oil helps to control sebum production in your skin by deeply penetrating in your skin. It controls excess sebum production in oily skin types and prevents breakouts.
- Heals acne scars and wounds: The endless benefits of neem oil are just taking over the internet. But, here's how it helps with acne scars along with wounds and burns. Neem oil is loaded with triglycerides properties that encourage the blood flow and boosts white blood cells which helps in reducing scarring. The presence of fatty acids fights excess oil production and averts further breakouts and acne.
How to use Neem oil for Acne and Breakouts I DIY Recipes
Neem oil is a versatile oil which can be used for various skin problems. When combined with other natural ingredients like Coconut oil or Argan Oil, neem oil provides a natural remedy for these problems. Here are some easy DIY recipes which can help you get rid of Acne and Scars naturally.
Recipe 1 - Coconut and Neem oil for Inflammation
Nothing works best as Neem oil for inflammation. Neem oil is packed with antimicrobial properties that treat inflamed skin. Coconut oil on the other hand, acts as a perfect base for this recipe and hydrates your skin afterwards.
- 2 tbsp Neem oil
- 5 tbsp Coconut Oil
- For this easy DIY add 2tbsp of neem oil along with 4-5tbsp of coconut oil.
- Mix it well using a spoon.
- Apply this recipe to your clean face for 20 minutes and, then wash it off with a mild cleanser.
- Make sure to stir the recipe well because coconut oil might settle if not mixed.
Recipe 2 - Tea tree oil and Neem oil for Acne and pimples
Neem oil is antibacterial in nature and kills pimple-causing bacteria. It also soothes inflamed skin and prevents breakouts. Tea tree also helps in removing germs causing acne and tightens your skin.
- For this easy DIY home remedy for acne, you only need three ingredients.
- In a bowl, add 2tsp of neem oil along with 3-4 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Now add 20ml of organic almond oil to this mixture and stir it well.
- After cleansing your face, apply this concoction on your face or acne and dark spots using an earbud.
- Keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
Recipe 3 - Detoxifying face pack
Kaolin clay is a natural detoxifier that cleanses the skin thoroughly. This clay mask is a perfect addition to your skincare routine as it contains aloe vera gel which instantly nourishes the skin.
- For this recipe, you need Kaolin Clay, neem oil, aloe vera gel and rose water.
- In a bowl, add 2tbsp of kaolin clay and add 1 tsp of neem oil.
- Now add aloe vera gel to it along with rose water to make a face pack like consistency.
- Apply this detox face pack on your face and keep it for 10 minutes.
- Once semi-dried, wash it off with cold water.
Is neem oil safe for the skin?
Needless to say, this mind-blowing organic neem oil is absolutely safe for all skin types. While one must always do a patch test before using any natural ingredient. In severe cases, if your skin is open to burns or is inflamed then do not apply it. Neem oil is the purest form of neem and has amazing benefits for skin, health and hair. The potency of this formula is very high and therefore should be applied on skin in diluted form. You can mix neem oil with other carrier oils like almond oil before applying on skin. It is great for treating skin conditions such as acne, pimples, pigmentation and dark spots.
Few things to consider while using Neem Oil
- Pure neem oil is for external use only and should never be ingested.
- Store oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some oils can be fatal to pets and, therefore always research before using them.
- Neem oil is more concentrated as compared to other carrier oils and therefore it is advised to mix neem oil with other oils before applying on skin.
- Always do a patch test before applying to larger areas of skin.
- It is unclear what effects oils have on pregnant and breastfeeding women. While some consider them safe, many doctors advise pregnant women to avoid the use of essential oils.
- Always buy pure oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
Indian families find it difficult to live without neem oil as it has become a summer staple. The healing and nourishing properties along with the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of neem oil help get clear and smooth skin. This Vitamin E rich oil is worth trying as it deeply nourishes your skin and reduces excess sebum production. Get the best quality and high-grade essential oils and carrier oils at Moksha Lifestyle to use in your daily routine.
- Can I use neem oil on acne-prone skin?
Yes, you can use neem oil to treat acne and oily and acne-prone skin types. Neem oil can trigger reaction for sensitive skin and there it is best to start with little diluted version to treat spots, acne, pustules and fungal infection.
- Can I leave neem oil overnight on the skin?
No. You should not use neem oil overnight on your skin. The highly effective and potent organic neem oil can cause severe irritation if used for more than 30 minutes to 1 hour. So keep an eye on the application and use it more often rather than keeping it overnight.
- Can I apply neem oil on the skin directly?
We do not suggest using neem oil directly on the skin. The primary and very important reason behind this is that neem oil is very strong. Applying it directly to the skin may lead to irritation. So, always use it by diluting it with a base oil.
You may also like:
- Lemon oil for skin
- Olive oil for Dandruff
- Lavender oil for Sleep
- Seabuckthorn oil for Skin Lightening
- Aloe Vera Gel for Skin Brightening