Purify and Protect with Eucalyptus Oil I DIY recipes
Purify and Protect with Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil, with its cooling and healing of amora, offers a variety of health advantages, including treating skin burns and acting as an insect repellent. Because of its antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, and other properties, this essential oil has been safeguarding and purifying people's lives for a long time.
We'll walk you through the benefits of using pure eucalyptus essential oil and how to incorporate it into your daily routine to reap its many benefits in this post. Prepare to embrace this oil, and as we'll see further down, we're confident you'll enjoy experiencing its benefits in your life
What is Eucalyptus Essential Oil?
Eucalyptus essential oil ( Eucalyptus Globulus) is obtained from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree, which belongs to the family Myrtaceae native to Australia and farmed all over the world. To extract the 100% pure eucalyptus essential oil, the leaves are steam distilled. Fresh or slightly dried leaves can be used. With an earthy and pleasant scent, it provides a wide range of advantages, from treating burns, bug bites, and muscular stress to relieving muscle stiffness.
What are the Benefits Of Using Eucalyptus Oil?
Because of its high concentration of Terpineol, Limonene, Aromadendrene, Piperitone, Citronellal, and other compounds, eucalyptus oil is one of the most useful oils for a range of ailments. It also has decongestant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiseptic, and antifungal properties that have contributed significantly to people's health and well-being.
Let's dive more into knowing natural eucalyptus essential oil and its benefits.
- Relieves Cold and Congestion: There's little question that we've all used Vicks VapoRub to get rid of a cold, cough, or sinus infection at some point in our lives. You'll be astonished to learn that the main component in this product is eucalyptus essential oil. As a natural decongestant, it aids in the breakdown of mucus and bronchial dilation, allowing your airways to open up. Pinene and cineole are two compounds found in them that aid to decrease inflammation and mucus build-up. Add a few drops of organic eucalyptus essential oil to a bowl of hot water and inhale the steam for a relaxing home cure.
- Insecticidal: Mosquitoes and other biting insects carry diseases which can be dangerous to our health. Thus, avoiding their bites is our best defence. A natural, safe way to deter them is to keep eucalyptus oil handy at all times. Pure Eucalyptus essential oil contains eucalyptol which help protect against mosquito bites. Studies have shown that this particular natural extract works as a great alternative to other chemical insect repellents.
- Relieves Pain: Eucalyptus essential oil has anti-inflammatory and cooling properties, which can help to enhance blood circulation throughout the body. It raises red blood cell counts by at least 7%. This improves circulation and relieves muscular pain. It has an almost instantaneous cooling action when used topically, which may aid in the reduction of stiffness, soreness, and pain. As a result, it was discovered that pure eucalyptus oil is a common element in osteoarthritis and joint pain relief pain creams.
- Improves Breathing smell: Eucalyptus essential oil is a simple and effective technique to improve dental health. A natural anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antibacterial characteristic aid in the reduction of germs in the mouth, which can cause foul breath, cavities, and gingivitis. Next time, if you want to get rid of that bad breath, try inculcating this natural oil into your daily oral regimen.
- Relieves from Skin Aliments: Pure Eucalyptus essential oil is rich in antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities, making it useful for soothing irritated, red, or itchy skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial characteristics, this would aid with small breakouts, scrapes, and bruises, as well as keeping infections at bay.
- Relieves from Mental stress: Eucalyptus oil act as a stress reliever because of its calming effect and its fresh menthol scent. It rejuvenates the senses and relieves lethargy and mental tiredness. Using organic eucalyptus essential oil as aromatherapy has been proven to increase sleep quality by calming the mind's nerves and lowering tension, according to several studies. You can dilute some drops of 100% pure eucalyptus essential oil, with water and use it to give yourself the comfort of aromatherapy while sleeping at night.
- Nourishes Hair: Eucalyptus oil encourages hair development and helps with dandruff issues, in addition to all of these wonderful advantages. Its high quantity of Piperitone and Citronella, as well as its antifungal and antioxidant characteristics, have all aided hair health.
DIY treatments using Eucalyptus oil for Overall well being
Eucalyptus oil is one of the most powerful essential oils, with applications ranging from skin burns, foul breath, and cough to dandruff relief. Not to mention that it works as an insect repellant. So, why don't you give this fantastic product a try from the comfort of your own home?
As a result, we've compiled a list of simple and must-try DIY recipes that you should certainly attempt and witness for yourself the remarkable advantages of steam distilled Eucalyptus essential oil.
Recipe1- Eucalyptus and Rosemary oil for Congestion and Cough
Rosemary and Eucalyptus oils are the most beneficial oils to treat cough and sinus congestion. They are rich in antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties which help to manage metabolic ailments.
- 5 - 10 drops of Eucalyptus Essential oil
- 5 - 10 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- Bring a large bowl of water to heat at a low flame.
- Add 5 to 10 drops each of eucalyptus and rosemary oil in a medium to the large heat-safe dish.
- Inhale the vapours for a few minutes while covering your head and the bowl with a towel.
- If steam inhalation is too much for you, try a hot shower with a few drops of eucalyptus and rosemary oil instead. As the water heats up, the oils rise naturally, entering your nose, throat, and lungs for an invigorating boost. You can use peppermint oil for rosemary oil if you like.
Recipe 2- Coconut, Jojoba and Eucalyptus essential oil for Hair
Coconut oil contains Laurie acid and unsaturated fats, which nourish and moisturize hair. It's effective against dandruff and scalp infections. Palmitic and stearic acids are included in jojoba oil, which aid to protect and rejuvenate hair. With their particular characteristics, they aid in the general nourishing and moisturization of hair when coupled with pure eucalyptus oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil.
- Now add the Eucalyptus Essential Oil, stirring to combine.
- With your fingers, massage the oil mixture into the scalp.
- Allow the oil to seep into the hair for 30 minutes before washing it out.
Recipe3- Eucalyptus, Lemon and Lavender oil as an insect repellent
The lemon essential oil has a strong odour due to its high Vitamin C content, and it also includes menthane, which makes it harder for mosquitos to detect a person's skin odour. Lavender contains analgesic, antiseptic, and antibacterial effects. This means it may both soothe and nourish the skin while also minimizing mosquito bites. So, when you need to get rid of mosquito bites, this is the time. Make this solution work for you.
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential oil
- 3-4 drops of Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops of 100% pure eucalyptus essential oil
- To make a natural insect repellent, mix lavender, lemon eucalyptus, and eucalyptus oil in 200ml of distilled water.
- Using a dark-coloured glass bottle can keep the essential oil more powerful for longer.
- Before each usage, give it a good shake so that all the oils are properly mixed.
Recipe 4: Eucalyptus Massage oil Blend to Relieve Pain
Eucalyptus has stimulating properties which help revitalize skin and sore muscles. This soothing oil promotes easy breathing, enhances relaxation feeling and refreshes the mind. Peppermint contains menthol which has a cooling effect on sore muscles. It helps relieve pain and inflammation and also improves blood flow. Lavender oil’s anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties help treat pains arising from mental stress and anxiety.
- 6 drops of Eucalyptus Essential oil
- 6 drops of Peppermint Essential oil
- 6 drops of Lavender Essential oil
- 40ml Sweet Almond oil
- 10ml Grapeseed oil
- Combine all the ingredients in an amber bottle
- Cap the bottle and shake well to mix all the oils
- Massage this blend on your joints to relieve pain
Few things to consider before using Eucalyptus essential oil
- Eucalyptus is an essential oil, which is a very concentrated liquid and should always be diluted in a carrier oil such as coconut or Argan before use.
- Always do a patch test before using natural Eucalyptus essential oil to verify that it does not cause any adverse reactions. Apply a couple of drops on the back of the elbow and wait 24 hours to see how it reacts.
- Essential oils' effects on pregnant and nursing women are unknown. While some physicians believe essential oils are safe, they are not recommended for pregnant women. Therefore, it is recommended they should not use them during their pregnancy or breastfeeding period.
- Children are at high risk of toxicity, therefore it is always recommended not to bring essential oil in contact with them.
- Always buy Eucalyptus oil from authentic sources and one which has been extracted using the steam distillation technique. It denotes the oil's purity and genuineness, as well as additional therapeutic benefits.
Pure eucalyptus essential oil has a variety of benefits including antifungal, antimicrobial, decongestant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiseptic, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. Along with this Eucalyptol, flavonoids, and tannins are all high in eucalyptus which offers several health advantages. This has helped eucalyptus oil make a significant contribution to individual health and well-being over the years. Eucalyptus oil should be part of your go-to healing must-haves for proven relief in a range of home cure solutions for these and many more benefits.
Can I apply Eucalyptus oil directly to the skin?
Eucalyptus oil is very concentrated and can cause skin irritation if applied directly to the skin. You should always dilute it with a carrier oil like coconut or almond before applying it to your skin. Always do a patch test before applying to larger skin areas.
Will eucalyptus oil relieve my bad breath?
Yes, distilled eucalyptus essential oil is one of the most commonly used substances in mouthwashes and toothpaste. It can destroy germs because of its antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. This aids in the promotion of a cool, fresh scent. Cleaning your teeth with a few drops of eucalyptus oil and baking soda can provide a lot of benefits.
From where I can get pure and organic eucalyptus essential oil?
You can buy pure and organic eucalyptus oil online from our website. Our Eucalyptus oil is 100% pure and natural and is extracted using Steam Distillation. All our oils are tested in our in-house lab for quality and purity and therefore when you buy oils from our website, you are guaranteed 100% authentic products. We are the best source in the market to acquire all-natural and organic essential oils.
You may also like:
- How to make Incense Sticks using Essential oils
- Geranium oil for Healthy hair
- Neem oil for Acne
- Lemon oil for skin
- Olive oil for Dandruff