Essential oils for Postpartum Hair Loss I Support Healthy hair after Baby
The postpartum period can be a really busy challenge for any mother. As much as you want to put your best foot forward, you need to take care of yourself physically and mentally just as much! The last thing you will want to deal with is hair loss - but it does happen to a lot of new mothers. You might notice thicker chunks of hair falling out in the shower or more strands on your hairbrush than usual. Before panic ensues, you need to understand this is normal during this exciting time!
Therefore, we have come up with a solution to naturally treat postpartum hair loss. In this blog, we have mentioned the best essential oils for Postpartum hair loss along with some carrier oils which can naturally cure your hair-related issues. With this, we have also included some easy-to-make DIY Postpartum hair oil recipes, for you to try today and observe the benefits of these natural oils on your hair health.
What is Postpartum Hair Loss?
Almost every woman before and after giving birth goes through this period - and for some of us, it is a struggle! Postpartum hair loss happens because most hair follicles grow for 4 to 5 months, rest for several months, and then re-grow more hair. At any given time you can normally expect 10% of your hair to be resting. During pregnancy, the number of hair going into hibernation is even higher, so you lose less than when you are a non-pregnant person. After the baby arrives, your hormones go into hyperdrive attempting to keep up with all the normal rate of hair growth that should happen but didn’t during pregnancy, which can scare you as there's so much falling out at one time. But don’t panic – it’s totally normal and many women feel like they are losing their minds over it. Therefore, we have brought a safe and natural remedy to get a cure for this. Essential oils, yes these plant-based oils have properties and compounds like anti-oxidants, anti-bacterial, fatty acids, Vitamin E and more, which actively contribute to hair growth. So, giving these natural oils a try for your postpartum hair fall issue is a must. Ensuring, that these essential oils are diluted before usage. You can even consider your physicians or an aromatherapist to check which oil suits you the best and avoid any allergic reactions.
Best Essential oils for Postpartum Hair Loss
Essential oils are great for a variety of reasons, which is why they're so popular right now. They have numerous benefits which include the support for hair growth. They are antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory, along with many other active compounds which help in the healing of hair internally, making them stronger and thicker. So, if you're dealing with postpartum hair loss after or during pregnancy, dont worry and give these best essential oils for postpartum hair loss a try.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
- Tea Tree Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
- Peppermint Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
- Lavender Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
Lavender oil is a popular oil due to its various healing properties. It can be applied to the scalp to aid the circulation of blood, clearing out any clogged hair follicles which may occur after pregnancy or due to any other factor. Lavender can also serve as an antibacterial agent on the scalp, encouraging hair growth by keeping one's crowning glory free from infections. This powerful oil has been used as a remedy for repairing broken hair and encouraging healthy hair growth by stimulating the hair follicle which increases circulation and encourages repair work on damaged areas while also improving overall scalp health.
- Rosemary Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
Along with these Best Essential oils for Postpartum hair loss, there are some famous carrier oils too which can help to treat postpartum hair loss. These oils have unique plant-driven properties which can help the regeneration of hair, which has been caused during or post-pregnancy.
- Jojoba Oil for Postpartum Hair Lossy
- Castor Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
- Almond Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss
Along with these, you can also try some other carrier oils like Virgin Coconut Oil, and Grape Seed Oil for treating your unwanted hair fall during or post-pregnancy. These oils have a consistent texture which helps you heal your hair problem naturally, without causing side effects. So, trying these best essential oils for Postpartum hair loss and carrier oils is a must if you have hair fall or any other issues. But, we recommend doing dilute these essential oils before using them with carrier oils.
DIY Postpartum Hair Oil Recipe
The essential oils which have the capability of improving your hair health, has been combined in this DIY Postpartum hair oil recipe. So, try this natural oil blend for regeneration of your hair follicles and improvement of your scalp to get a better place for your hairs to grow.
- 1/2 cup carrier oil (Almond or Jojoba oil)
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Rosemary Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Thyme Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- In a bowl or glass dropper bottle, add carrier oil. Add the essential oils of your choice (20-35 drops). Shake the lid or add it and blend well.
- Pour a few drops of hair growth oil onto your hands, then massage your fingers together to spread it evenly. Fingers should be used to massage the scalp, beginning at the front hairline and ending at the base of the neck.
- As required, add extra oil. Wash with all-natural shampoo for the best result.
Things to keep in mind before using essential oils for Postpartum Hairloss
- Because essential oils contain powerful plant fragrances, use caution while applying them to your hair. Use carrier oils sparingly while diluting them. Since allergic responses might happen, they shouldn't ever be applied directly to the skin.
- Always do a patch test before utilizing essential oils. Various skin types can benefit from using essential oils. You may accomplish this by combining 1 drop of essential oil with 4 drops of carrier oil and applying a dime-sized amount to a non-sensitive area of the skin.
- Before using these organic oils topically when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, get medical advice or visit an aromatherapist.
- Prevent youngsters under the age of seven from accessing these hydrophobic natural oils. They pose a serious danger of poisoning.
- Make sure you use premium quality essential oils that have received USDA certification.
During and after pregnancy, women experience various hormonal changes and hair loss. Which is very common, as per much research. So, if you are experiencing hair fall or baldness, don't worry, a solution is always better than increasing stress levels. These best essential oils for Postpartum hair loss can be a great natural remedy to get that bouncy and long hair, which you might be missing. These essential oils will help you get rid of these hair issues, which are leading you to worry. Along, with this, it is important to maintain an eating balanced diet, staying hydrated for your health and baby. Take help from an aromatherapist and start your healing process with these natural oils today.
What is the benefit of using Thyme Essential Oil for Postpartum Hair Loss?
Thyme is one of the best essential oils which can be used in pregnancy. Like, all physiological systems, including the immune system, are supported and encouraged to work better by pure thyme essential oil, a natural stimulant. An autoimmune condition called alopecia areata causes the immune system to assault healthy hair cells, leading to patchy baldness. Additionally, thyme essential oil boosts the immune system and lessens alopecia areata-related hair loss. So, you can definitely try this oil for hair growth.
Which brand should I choose if I want to buy essential oils of the highest calibre?
Moksha Lifestyle is an amazing essential oil company that sells all sorts of high-quality aromatic goods, right down to Tea Tree and Peppermint essential oils. Aromatic fragrances come in many different forms, including essential oils, carrier oils, Hydrosols and so many more. To get your journey off the ground, go ahead and type the phrase Best Essential Oils Near Me into your search bar and choose Moksha’s best quality essential oils.
You may also like:
- Essential oils for Beard Growth
- Best Essential oils for Nails
- Essential oils for Cellulite
- DIY Mango Butter Lipbalm recipe
- Essential oils to Tighten Skin