Essential Oils for Rashes I Best Antifungal Itch oil for Skin Rash
Summers are around the corner and the scorching heat of the sun is definitely making everyone go crazy. One of the most common skincare concerns that everyone faces in summer is skin rashes and sunburn. Not only this, the scorching heat of the sun, extreme heat and long-time exposure to UV rays, the skin becomes itchy and irritated which leads to intense rashes. Insect bites, bug bites, sweating and allergy are some of the prominent causes of rashes in summer.
If you are someone who gets heat rashes and burns very easily in summer then you must try some incredible and beneficial essential oils for rashes. These potent essential oils for itchy skin are not only great to tackle skin burns and rashes but also heal the skin and soothe it. While you cannot stop these, it is better to look out for beneficial solutions that actually work.
How Essential oils helps with Rashes
Essential oils are a natural source of relief for skin rashes. The purest and natural form of plants extracts are used in several ways to treat various skin conditions, Essential oils are packed with mind-boggling therapeutic properties that provide instant relief from rashes and calm your mind. Some of them have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which help in reducing rashes and promote faster healing. Do you know these cute little bottles last u for a very long time? Since we recommend that essentials oils must always be diluted in carrier oil before using it on the skin, the bottle lasts for years and is safe to use.
Best Essential Oils for Itchy Skin
To soothe skin rashes, there are a couple of essential oils that help calm the skin and heal it. A few drops of essential oil when mixed with base oils like coconut oil, olive oil and almond oil works great to eliminate skin rashes. You can try these essential oils for itchy skin to get relief from rashes and itching.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil for Rashes
Packed with high-anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree oil provides instant relief from heat rashes. It instantly dries up the bacteria that aggravate itchiness and heals the skin barrier. Since tea tree oil is a very potent one it should be diluted with a base oil to reduce the potency of the oil.
To heal your skin from nasty skin rashes, you can mix 3-4 drops of tea tree oil with aloe vera gel and mix it well. After it becomes a gel-like moisturizer, apply it to your heat rashes.
- Peppermint Essential Oil for Skin rashes
How about something as cool as ice cubes? Peppermint essential oil provides such cooling properties to the skin and relieves it from rashes and burns. Peppermint oil has menthol in it which has analgesic properties that heal the skin and calms the barrier.
The redness caused by heat rashes will swing away in just a few days after continuously using peppermint oil. Peppermint essential oil is not only a great product for skin rashes but it also solves other skin issues like bug bites, acne and pimples.
- Lavender Essential oil for Rashes
Nothing fancier and more soothing than lavender essential oil for rashes. This standout superhero ingredient is packed with pain-relieving and soothing properties that help to deal with rashes and reduces redness. It also has analgesic properties that control inflammation around the rashes and prevents further damage. Lavender essential oil carries a sweet floral aroma that lingers pretty well and relaxes your mind.
Besides being one of the top-rated essential oil for rashes, it also calms the rash infected skin and treats burns and rashes caused due to allergies and tan. Lavender essential oil is packed with a double punch of floral essence that makes it one of the best essential oils for rashes.
- Vetiver Essential oil for rashes
Cooling is the word used for vetiver for ages. Vetiver essential oil is all you need to get that ultimate cooling sensation for skin rashes. The antifungal and antibacterial properties of vetiver oil make it apt for healing wounds and rashes. It kills bacteria in your skin and makes it germ-free.
Since vetiver oil is root oil, it has a very thick and dense consistency. It aids the process of healing wounds and encourages the recovery process like a PRO medicine. The vetiver oil has an earthy and classic aroma that is very pleasing to the nose and lazes on the body quite well.
- Geranium Essential oil for Rashes
Weather taking a toll on your skin? Well, geranium oil has got your back. Geranium oil has power-packed capabilities to restore the body's lost proportion and heal irritated skin in just a few minutes. Geranium oil has alkaline properties that calm itchy and irritated skin while working internally with oil to balance your skin.
If you are facing severe rashes and burns then this bottle is your tiny savior. It not only relieves you from utter pain but also manages to calm down the skin.
- Chamomile Essential Oil for Rashes
Inflammation and heat rashes will have no space on your body if you have Chamomile oil handy at your place. While you only know the herbal benefits of chamomile as a coffee-free option to relax your mind, we are here to show you how it works diligently on your skin. Chamomile oil is loaded with a potent compound azulene which works to heal irritated and itchy skin. It calms and relaxes your skin and helps to get rid of redness and harsh rashes.
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile oil, your skin will be rash-free and will always be evenly moisturized.
Essential oil Recipes for Skin rashes and Itchy Skin
We are finally done with the best essential oils for rashes. But, are we actually done with this post? Not at all. Party is incomplete without a cake and so is this post without home remedies. We have figured out the natural ways to treat skin rashes at the comfort of the home. These DIY home remedies for rashes are worth trying and are very effective. Let's see how they help to treat skin rashes.
Recipe 1 - DIY gel for Rashes and Itchy Skin
Do we even need to answer the effectiveness of this recipe? Aloe vera gel and glycerin have calming properties that calm the itchy skin. Tea tree oil is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that tackle rashes and soothe itchy skin making it one of the best essential oils for itchy skin.
- 2-3 tsp Rose water
- 1 tbsp Aloe vera gel
- ½ tsp glycerin
- 3 drops Tea Tree Essential oil
- In a bowl, add rose water.
- Now pour 3 drops of tea tree essential oil along with 1tsp of aloe vera gel and a little bit of glycerin.
- Mix this mixture well.
- Churn till you get gel-like consistency.
- Apply it like a moisturizer on heat rashes.
Recipe 2 - DIY Anti-rash body oil
The anti-inflammatory properties of chamomile oil work in an excellent manner to soothe irritated skin. It is also great for sensitive skin peeps who are scared of oil that causes a burning sensation. Base oils are always a great option to dilute as they moisturize the skin really well.
- 1tbsp Almond oil
- 4-5 drops Chamomile Essential oil
- In a bowl take almond oil. If you don't have almond oil then opt for any other base oil like coconut oil or olive oil.
- Add 4-5 drops of chamomile oil and give it a good mix.
- Apply this body oil on heat rashes and let the skin soak it.
Recipe 3 - DIY Toner for itchiness
A must-have for burnt and itchy skin to protect it from harmful UV rays. Lavender essential oil is calming and soothing in nature which calms and heals your irritated skin. Aloe vera gel on the other hand makes the toner a bit more moisturizing and hydrating.
- Rose water
- 1tsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 4-5 drops Lavender Essential oil
- A toner that works great for facial skin and heat rashes is a must-have.
- In a spray bottle add rose water.
- Now mix 4-5 drops of Lavender essential oil along with 1tsp of aloe vera gel.
- Shake the bottle till all the ingredients are mixed.
- Now apply it as a toner on your heat rashes for instant relief.
Are essential oils safe for rashes?
Well, yes. Essential oils are safe to be used on the skin to treat rashes, itchiness and irritation. However, direct application of organic essential oils can be harmful to the skin as it may irritate the burn even more. We always suggest you dilute pure essential oils with aloe vera gel or any other carrier oil so that their potency declines. After diluting it becomes safe to be used on the skin.
While organic essential oils are totally safe for rashes and skin irritations, we suggest you buy 100% pure essential oil from trusted sources. Moksha Lifestyle offers pure essential oils in bulk to certified brands in India and worldwide which are backed by quality certifications.
Few Things to Consider While Using Essential Oil
- Essential oils are only for external use and should never be ingested
- Store essential oils out of reach of children and store them apart from other products.
- Some essential oils can be fatal to pets and therefore always research before using them
- Essential oils must ALWAYS be diluted before applying to the skin as they are highly concentrated as can cause irritation. You can dilute them with a carrier oil of your choice and, the max concentration of essential oils should be 3-4%
- Always do a patch test before applying on larger areas of skin
- It is unclear what effects essential oils have on pregnant and breastfeeding women. While some consider them safe, many doctors advise pregnant women to avoid the use of essential oils
- Always buy pure essential oils and stay away from fake counterparts as they won't contain the same therapeutic benefits.
Natural treatments are definitely better than synthetic ones to treat any skin condition. Essential oils are undeniably one of those vanity essentials that you should stock to treat skin concerns like acne, rashes, bug bites and many more. Essential oils are packed with potent plant nutrients that deliver amazing results within a short span of time. Your link with rashes is now going to break because essential oils for itchy skin are making it your way.
- Which essential oil is good for rashes?
Essential oils contain anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties which make them suitable for treating skin rashes and itchy skin. Tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and lavender oil work great to get rid of rashes as soon as possible.
- How can I use tea tree oil for rashes?
Heat rashes due to allergy or summer heat are the worst. But, you can treat it easily with the help of tea tree oil. Mix tea tree oil in aloe vera gel and make a gel-like treatment. Use it overnight to get rid of rashes.
- Where can I find pure essential oils for rashes?
Moksha Lifestyle offers best quality and top-rated organic essential oils for rashes. These essential oils are not only extracted in the purest form but are also beneficial for almost all skin, hair, health and body concerns.
You may also like:
- Grounding Essential oils
- Essential oil for Hangover Recovery
- Essential oils for Concentration
- Turmeric oil for Skin Whitening
- Eucalyptus oil to Protect and Purify