Essential oils to Boost Mood I Improve mood with these Oils
There are times when we may not be feeling our best - we may feel fatigued, irritable, or sad for no apparent reason; this is perfectly normal and makes sense when you consider that your body talks to you with your emotions through the brain. It’s important to listen to what your body is telling you so as not to overload it and break it down further. Thankfully there is a way to cheer up your mood if you are feeling slightly depressed.
The good news is that essential oils can turn even a bad mood around simply by taking a deep breath of their natural scent. Put a few drops of peppermint oil into your bath water for an invigorating morning pick-me-up, try lemon oil in your home cleaning products for an energetic burst throughout the day, and lavender oil in dry shampoo for a calming effect just before bedtime…the possibilities are endless. Therefore, in this blog, we have combined the best essential oils to boost mood and energy. These natural remedies, will surely make your soul, body and mind calm and joyous. Keep reading to know more about these top essential oils for uplifting mood along with some very easy and interesting homemade DIY recipes using these mood-boosting essential oils.
How Essential Oils Boost Mood?
Essential oils are exquisite and aromatic concentrated liquids which are derived from plant parts like stems, flowers etc. These compounds have pleasant therapeutic properties when inhaled or applied topically in minute quantities. According to various research, it has been observed that these mood-lifting essential oils, stimulate the limbic system in the brain which controls emotions and long term memory. When these oils are inhaled through the nasal passages, they can make a difference by relaxing the nerves and making them more sensitive to the neurotransmitters that make us feel better. They also serve to improve levels of happiness and overall well-being over time. With essential oils on hand, it is easy to evoke positive feelings any time of day.
Top Essential Oils for Uplifting Mood
Psychological stress may interfere with our mood, which can be caused due to a variety of factors. Thankfully, there are many mood-lifting essential oils with healing properties that can help get your mind back on track by making your nerve cells more relaxed, energized and enticed making you more positive and focused. In turn, helping in enhancing your overall well-being.
Here is a list of top essential oils for uplifting mood with their benefits that are ideal for someone who is searching for a natural remedy for boosting mood. So keep reading to know more about these essential oils for mood-boosting that work.
- Rosemary Essential Oil for Boosting Mood
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil for Boosting mood
- Peppermint Essential Oil to Improve Mood
Bergamot oil has a mild, pleasant aroma that makes it a good choice when one wants to feel happy or less sad. Bergamot is a combination of floral and citrus scents that can make one feel happy. Essential oils such as this can frequently be used with positive results for improving mood and providing energy. It is one of the top essential oils for uplifting moods and negative emotions.
- Lavender Essential Oil to Boost Mood
- Grapefruit Essential Oil to Boost Energy
Grapefruit oil has a great many uses, and the most obvious one is to keep you refreshed throughout the day. It gives off an extremely lively fragrance that can help to give you a significant boost of energy. This scent also helps your mind focus more clearly because it exudes a sense of positivity. The health benefits also include being able to relieve headaches as well as lessen anxiety levels. As a bonus, this mood-boosting essential oil also contains vitamins and nutrients that can help your body detoxify better.
Along with these best essential oils to boost mood, there are other various essential oils which have the power to stimulate the nerve cell, making you more calm and peaceful. You can also try Lemon, lemongrass, cedarwood and Ylang Ylang oil if you are looking for scents to improve mood and energy. You can create your blend using these mood-boosting essential oils, as per your taste and which sets your mood more centred and calm. It is important to stay positive and centred, for having a balanced life and creating the life you wish, therefore trying these top essential oils for uplifting mood can help you deal with times when you feel depressed or down.
Essential oils DIY Recipe for Uplifting Mood
Using essential oils is a versatile, natural remedy for boosting mood without any side effects. Although, it is important to dilute them with a carrier oil before using them. We've compiled a list of intriguing handmade DIY recipes in this part that might help you maintain a happy attitude and focus on the good sides of your life. These blends of mood-boosting essential oils, with its delightfully light and zesty scent, may enable you to have a more positive outlook.
Recipe 1: Essential oils for Nerve Relaxation
If there is some stressful situation going on in your life, try this blend made from the best essential oils to boost moodand your energy. You feel light and will be able to focus on a positive outlook on life.
- 4 drops of Lavender Essential oil
- 2 drops of Lemon Essential oil
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- In a glass bowl, combine all of the essential oils and pour them into a diffuser.
- Now, fill the diffuser halfway with water, turn it on and enjoy the feeling of calmness and relaxation naturally.
Recipe 2: Essential oils for Happiness and Peace
If nothing seems to make you joyful or upbeat, try this combination, which is fantastic for elevating your mood and changing the atmosphere.
- 2 drops of Frankincense Essential oil
- 2 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- You may create an uplifting and stimulating ambience by dispersing these essential oils into the air of a room using an aromatherapy diffuser.
- You may also produce a diluted essential oils spray with the mixture to imbue an area with cheerfulness.
Recipe 3: Essential oils for Uplifting your mood
Feeling like nothing makes you happy or positive, try this blend to balance your mood and emotions so you can cope with all the tasks on your to-do list. These top essential oils for uplifting mood will help in maintaining your positive emotions, keeping you focused and calm throughout the day.
- 3 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- Combine all these mood-lifting essential oils in a glass bottle. You can use it as a diffuser or similarly use a roll-on diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba etc where you feel sad. This blend will help in calming nerves bringing inner peace.
Things to keep in mind before using essential oils to boost mood and energy
- Essential oils should always be diluted with carrier oils like coconut, jojoba etc before using on skin as their high concentration can cause allergic reactions.
- Always perform a patch test before using essential oils, as different oils are suitable for different skin types. Apply at the back of your elbow and wait for 24 hours, to see if doesn't react allergically.
- Look for essential oils from authentic sources and are certified by USDA
- If you are a pregnant or a nursing woman you must consult the aromatherapist/doctor before using them for uplifting your mood or other purposes.
If you’re starting to feel fatigued, it can be difficult to know where to find the energy. We suggest rejuvenating your body and mind with the best essential oils to boost mood so you can continue to get the most out of your day. These scents are great because not only do they activate sensory receptors in the nose and mouth but they also affect other sensory receptors located in the lungs too. One sniff can clear the air of bad odours too! You may choose these top essential oils for uplifting mood and energy and make the day as you have planned.
How can essential oils be good to improve your mood?
These oils have therapeutic properties of relaxing nerve cells when inhaled or applied topically making your mood calmer and lighter.
How can I order the best Essential oils online?
You can order the best quality essential oils online from the famous brand Moksha. These oils are also environmentally-friendly, non-allergenic and highly concentrated to give you the most flavorful experience. You can obtain everything you need by ordering directly from their website. You can also mail them at email@example.com for more enquiry.
You may also like:
- Essential oils for Nausea
- Best Essential oils for Curly Hair
- Tamanu oil for Dandruff
- Essential oils for Depression and Anxiety
- Essential oils for Studying